Saturday 26 June 2010

Exclamatory Sentences to Express Compliment or Gratitude.


I live in a beautiful country. I love the country life. Every morning when I get up and open the window, I can hear the little birds sing outside. Today is a fine day. The rain has ceased. The sun shines again. It shines in through the window. I go out and look around. I see that the fields and the hills are green. The flowers and the houses are red. The clouds above are white. Everything looks pleasant. How beautiful the country is!
In exclamatory sentences, we use ‘what’ to describe nouns, and use ‘how’ to describe adjectives and adverbs, as in the following examples.
What a quiet night it is!
How quiet the night is!
What a beautiful country it is!
How beautiful the country is!
What a clever boy he is!
How clever the boy is!
What pretty girls they are!
How beautiful the girls are!
Excuse me, but I was just admiring your bag. It’s really nice.
Oh, thank you.
Could you tell me where you got it? I have been looking for one like that for a long time.
It’s from Sarinah Dept Store.
Oh, thank you very much.
——–
Oh, I love your earrings, they are so beautiful!
Thank you. They’re silver.
I know. Are they Yogya silver?
No, they are Bali silver. I got them in Ubud.
Oh, I see.
——–
Happy birthday, Ed. Wow, what a cool watch you have! Is that a present?
Thanks. Yes, it’s a birthday present from my aunt. She bought it in Singapore.
Lucky you! I wish I had a watch like that.
I hope you’ll get a watch like this on your next birthday.
Expressing Compliments # 2. Author: English Mastery Feb 08






Compliments: Expressing Thanks
Thanks.
Thank you very much.
Thanks a lot.
Thank you for your help.
Thank you for helping me.
Thank you for your assistance.
Thank you for phoning me.
Thank you for assisting me.
Thanks you for your kindness.
Thank you for a prompt reply. (letter, email).
Thank you for listening to me.
Thank you for such a warm welcome.
Thank you for the ride.
Thank you for take me home.
Thank you for such a nice gift.
Thanks a lot for an inspiring book. (after accepting book as gift)
Thank you for your attention. (after giving a presentation)
Thank you for helping me to solve the problems.
Thank you for your financial assistance.
Thank you for spending time with me.
Thank you for showing me the way. (after someone show you the direction).
You are my valentine. (meaning: you are my love/beloved/lover)
Expressing Compliment.
Nice way to express further compliments.
You may use the following sentences after expressing thanks.
You are such a nice boy.
You are such a nice girl.
You are my best friend.
You’ve given me great help.
You’ve help me a lot during my difficult situation.
You are such a wonderful person.
You’ve given me so much help.
You’ve shown me great kindness.
You’ve helped me during my difficult time.
You’ve help me a lot.
You’ve shown me the way to solve my difficult problems.
You’ve spend much of you time with me.
You are a great mom. I love you.
You are a great dad. I love you.
You are a great friend. I love you.
The best compliment of all:
I love you. (Say it earnestly)
Expressing Thanks
Thanks.
Thank you.
Thanks a lot.
I appreciate it.
Thanks for the helping me.
Thanks for your time.
Thanks for your hospitality.
Thanks a lot for your kindness.
Thank you for everthing.
Thank you. I appreciate your friendliness.
Thanks a lot. You’ve been so helpful.
Thank you for the nice gift.
Thanks for such a prompt reply. (When receiving letter or email).
Thank you for your services.
Thank you for your sympathy.
Thank you for your expression of sympathy.
Thank you for the nice gift.
I appreciate your kindness.
I sincerely appreciate your kind helps.
You are so kind during my visit here. Thanks you very much.
Thank you for showing me such a nice place.
Thank you for giving me great solutions to my problems.
Thank you mom. I love you.
Thank you dad. I love you.
Thank you sister. You are so sweet!
Thank you my sweet heart.
Thank you my sweet love!
Thank you my love.
Thank you for the lovely present my dear.
Romantic Compliments for Special Someone.
You are a pretty girl.
You are a nice girl.
You are so nice.
I think you are very beutiful.
You are my valentine.
You are so sweet.
You are so sweet little girl.
You are such an adorable girl.
You are the treasure of my heart.
You are so dear to me.
You are the most important in my life.
You are my valentine.
You are my sweet valentine.
You are my valentine, now and forever.
You are my valentine, and will always be.
You are my sweet valentine, for eternity.
It’s great to have you as by girlfriend.
You are my special friend.
You are so special to me.
How happy I’m to have you as my girlfriend.
I love you sweet heart.
I lave you my sweet heart.
I love you my girl.
I love you my dear.
I love you my baby.
I love you so much, and you know that.
I love you so much, you are always in my mind.
I love you so much, how sweet is my life with you.
I love you so much, how happy I’m to be with you.
Oh, how sweet you are.
Oh, how nice you are.
Oh, how pretty you are.
Oh, how beautiful you are.
Oh, how happy I’m to have you as my special someone.
There is no one else but you alone is my love.

1 comment: